You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:13-18

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4 Months, 1 Week, and 2 days: 08.03.2011

Oh, boy! You are really growing quickly, just like your sister did/does. You've been eating rice cereal and oatmeal since last Monday, and it doesn't seem to be filling you up. So a couple of days ago, I started you on peas. I'm not sure that you like the taste too much, but you're eating them pretty well. It takes you a few days to eat the entire jar. You're such a big boy already, sitting in the high chair with us during meals!

About a month ago, I laid you down (on your back) on your playmat while I went into the kitchen to wash dishes. All the sudden I heard you crying so hard! You rarely do that, so it worried me. I ran in, and saw that you had rolled over to your tummy! I think it probably scared you a little. I'm sad that I missed your first roll, but you are close to doing it again. All the time, I see you roll completely on your side, and then just when I think you're going to make it over, you fall back down on your back! You are so precious!

And I have to say, I have NEVER-in all my days-seen a more smiley baby. If anyone so much as looks at you, you flash the biggest smile! You especially like to smile at Mommy. Sometimes when Daddy holds you and is trying to get your attention, you just look around until you find Mommy and then start smiling at me. It makes me crack up! I'm pretty sure you're a mama's boy, through and through.

Last week at your 4 month checkup you were almost 17 lbs, and 27 inches long. You are in the 85th percentile for weight, and 95th percentile for height. You mostly wear 6-9 month clothing, but some things (especially pajamas) you wear 12 months in. I'm pretty sure you are going to be tall like Grandpa Bret!

Mollie is so very much in love with you. You are the first person she asks to see in the morning, and is always wanting to give you little kisses. She calls you "Baby Ebby." She brings you toys to play with, pacifiers when you fuss, blankets to keep you warm, and she likes to blow bubbles for you. She sits right in front of you and blows bubbles in your face. You seem to like it a lot!

You've been such a great sleeper, just like your sissy. You usually go to bed around 7:30, and wake up between 6:30-7:30. You've also been sleeping in your crib like a big boy since you were 6 weeks old. I'm very proud of you!

Mommy, Daddy, and Mollie love you so very much. You have made our lives even better and happier! We feel so blessed to have two little angels as our babies!!

Love you to the moon and back,
Mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment