You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:13-18

Saturday, January 9, 2010

3 Months Old

Miss Mollie,

Happy Birthday! Today you are three months old. I can't believe how quickly time passes. It sounds cliche, but it is just unbelievable how fast it all goes by. In the last few weeks, you have changed so much! You have been such a smiley little girl. When Daddy and I come into your room in the morning to get you ready for the day, you always greet us with a big, beautiful smile. Sometimes you get so happy to see us, you make a little squeak! When you hear Mommy or Daddy's voices, you look around the room until you see us. Though you have been sitting in your big girl Bumbo seat for a while now, you started sitting in it for longer periods of time on your own about a week ago. Sometimes we sit on the floor together (me on the ground and you in your Bumbo), and I read you books from your library. We have so much fun together! Yesterday, we put you in your jumperoo and you stood in it on your own and held on to the toys! What a big girl! You have also started talking a whole bunch. Of course you aren't actually saying any words, but you sure are trying! We have little conversations sometimes where you just talk and talk... it's so funny! I think you are going to be a little chatter-box.


Just last week you started to react more to people's faces, and it is so exciting to watch. While Mommy is feeding you, we stare into each other's eyes, and you often stop drinking for a moment to give me a big smile. Everything about you is so wonderful and perfect. It's like I love you so much that it almost hurts.


Four days ago, during tummy time, you tried to roll over for the first time. You would have made it too (because you were all the way on your side), if it wasn't for your right arm against your body stopping you! I just can't believe how much you are growing up. Though you still look a lot like your Daddy, you are starting to take on more of my characteristics (which is exciting!). You still love, love, LOVE your bath time... kicking as hard as you can and smiling all the while. In the last three days, you sometimes get upset when your tired and anyone other than Mommy tries holding you. Daddy came home for lunch, just to see his beautiful girl, and when he put his face up to yours, you stuck your bottom lip out and started wailing. We couldn't believe it! He tried a few more times, and you kept crying! Today you did that again when Grandpa Bret tried to hold you. What a fussy gus!


Aside from wanting Mommy, you are a very, very good girl. You have been sleeping through the night for months now (sleeping from 7pm-7am), and you rarely cry or fuss. Everywhere we go, people comment on how relaxed and mellow you are. We are so lucky to have such a good little girl! Sometimes I just sit you down and give you your little rubber giraffe, and you happily sit, chewing on him. Just this week you have started to hold on to your animals a little bit here and there, and sometimes you are able to put them up towards your mouth on your own. It doesn't happen a lot, but you are learning quickly! Pretty soon you will be chewing on everything. Daddy and I laugh because you LOVE to suck on your thumb so much. We sometimes try to put the binky in your mouth, and more times than not you spit it out and choose to suck on your fingers instead. You sure love that thumb!


Today, on your three month birthday, it snowed where we live. At our house we had sleet, but just down the road it snowed! That is a very special birthday gift from God, because it has only snowed here one other time that I know of. Right now it is only 17 degrees outside, so we have been bundling you up like a little Eskimo baby. What a very special day it was today! This is a day that I will remember always. You have reached so many milestones already, and there are many more in sight. Part of me misses my tiny baby that didn't do anything but lay in my arms and sleep, but the other part of me is excited to see you learning and growing into a bright and interesting person. I love you sweet pea! You are so amazing in every way, and I look forward to the amazing memories we will make together.

I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment