You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:13-18

Monday, January 11, 2010

3 Months, 2 Days

Today was your first day at daycare. I was really nervous, and cried the whole way to work, but I knew in my heart that you would be fine... and you were. I don't think it affected you at all! But for me, it was very difficult to leave you behind. The entire day I kept thinking about your chubby cheeks and pretty pink skin; wondering what you were doing and if you were enjoying yourself. I know that as of late you have had a hard time being away from Mommy, but the ladies at your daycare said that you were the best baby that have! They couldn't get over how calm and sweet you were. Out of all the babies, you were the best behaved! I guess you had some very poopy diapers, and they had to change your clothes two different times! Oh my goodness, what a poopy girl! I called during my lunch break to see how you were doing, and you had just awakened from a nap. They put the phone up to your little ear and let me say hello. They told me that when you heard Mommy's voice you smiled a really big smile, which of course made me feel happy (but also made me miss you even more). When it was time for me to leave work, I practically ran out to the car because I was so anxious to see you. I think you probably had a nice time there because you seem to enjoy watching other people, and there was a lot to see there. It was much harder on me to be apart from you, because I just love you so much!! Soon enough I will get more comfortable with you being there. I am really excited for this weekend though, because I have Monday off. That means I get to spend three entire days in a row with you! I just can't wait!

When we got home, you were really hungry, and nursed for almost forty minutes (normally it takes you less than 20 minutes to eat)! When you were done, all you wanted to do was stand up on my legs. I can't believe how strong you are getting. You were practically standing up on your own; only needing me to support you under your arms a little bit. I wonder if you might walk a little early. I'm not sure.... but I do know that you are a standing girl!

I love my girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment