You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:13-18

Monday, March 15, 2010

5 Months, 3 days: 3/12/10

Being a mother is everything to me. Having a little life to look after and to help develop shows you where to shift your life focus. Things aren't holding as much importance as time does; and not just time, but the quality of time has become so precious. I try to capture, in my minds eye, everything. Of course this is probably an impossible task, but maybe when our souls continue their journey to the unknown, all of those memories are recalled with ease. I sure hope to.

Looking into such innocent and loving eyes is, to me, a heavenly experience (so much so, that it can move me to tears of happiness if thought about too long). It's inconceivable to me that one day the tiny delicate hand of my baby will grow to match my hand for size. Her little voice, now consumed by a language that only she understands, will soon be filled with real words easily flowing from her tongue. What a strange idea.

I try to shift my focus to the now- the present -because that's a lesson I've already learned well in life. Like most kids and teenagers, I was so anxious to grow-up and be big, that I didn't fully appreciate my position in life until I was old enough to look back at it all. That's why I try to embrace every moment; Focusing on the important and not trivializing the silly spats and unimportant jabber that daily life throws at me. I must now lead by example.

The love a mother has for her child can be surpassed by nothing. This is God's design, and He works so perfectly. What a miraculous gift.

1 comment:

  1. so true Sarah, I still feel that way about Stina and Jenny and they are real live grown ups now! It is awesome to have your daughters grow up to be your dearest friends!

    ReplyDelete