You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:13-18

Monday, March 15, 2010

5 Months Old: 3/9/10

Happy Birthday, big girl! You are officially a toddler now... no longer fitting into the category of little baby. I came to this realization a couple of days ago, and started bawling. It's not that I'm sad about your getting bigger... because I'm really excited about all of the new things you are doing. Time just seems to be on fast forward, and it's all happening so quickly.

On February 28th, you started eating brown rice cereal with a spoon, and my, how you loved it! Once you start to see that spoon coming your way, you grab it with both hands and shove it in your mouth. You have an iron grip too, so I have to pry your hands off to get the spoon back. You were doing so great with the cereal, that I decided to move you on to sweet potatoes, last Friday. You have turned into a little sweet potato fiend. Your appetite is so ferocious, that you can eat an entire serving of sweet potatoes (homemade with Mommy's milk- organic, of course!) followed by five ounces of milk! You are a growing girl. You've been wearing 9-12 month clothing for the last month!

These days, you are jumping up a storm in your jumparoo. It's exciting to see you so intrigued by all the little toys on it. Last Sunday, out of no where, you started reaching your hands out for people. I must say, you are quite the flirt (we better nip that in the bud)! You've hit so many milestones over the last two weeks that I don't even know where to start.

Last weekend you started sitting up on your own for short periods at a time (10 seconds). This last Sunday, you sat in a big kid highchair at a restaurant. Where has my baby gone?! Though you are still too little to crawl on your own, you managed to crawl across Mommy and Daddy's bed by pulling on the sheets. You sure moved fast- it actually kind of shocked me! If we let you hold on to something, you can stand for ten seconds at a time. A few weeks ago, Daddy was making silly noises and you laughed so hard. He actually got a few giggles out of you. SInce then, you have done it another handful of times and it's about the cutest thing ever in the world. When we hear your laugh, it makes us laugh, which in turn, makes you laugh even harder! You are still a little talker. I'm so excited for the day (which is fast approaching) when you'll start saying real words. Until then, I'll happily settle for the jibber jabber language freely flying from your vocal chords.

As of yesterday, you officially entered the teething stage! Your teacher, Ms. Kathy, said that you cried all day. At first she wasn't sure what to think because she had never seen you cry before! Today, I packed some medicine and teething rings. I hope that it helps to relieve the pain. I sure hate for you to be sad!

My little girl is growing up so fast. I love, love, love you.

xoxo Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment