You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!
Psalm 139:13-18

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

4 Months Old: 2/9/10


My Dearest Mollie,

Today you are 4 months old. You are developing so quickly! When I look at pictures of you during your first few weeks of life, I am shocked at how much you have grown and all of things that you can now do. You have always been a very smiley girl, but now that is all you do! WHen Mommy or Daddy walk in to the room, or you hear our voices, you look around until you find us. As soon as our eyes meet, you let out a little giggle because you are so delighted. As of late, all you want to do is chew on things and roll from side to side. Sometimes you roll all the way over on to your belly! When we are in the car for a while or you start to get tired, you become a little chatterbox. You just go on and on, making the funniest noises. Daddy and I laugh so hard because you are just so darn cute! A few nights ago we put you to bed with us, and you reached out and grabbed daddy's arm with one hand and mine with the other. You sure know how to melt our hearts!




I think that some of your favorite things to do are to talk to: talk to Mommy and Daddy, roll around on your play mat, watch our dog Denali, play with the toys in your jumperoo, listen to people talk to you, take baths (especially with mommy), watch the other babies at school, sit outside and look around, chew on your giraffe, nurse on mommy, and of course your very favorite thing in the world to do is to smile. You've also been reaching out to touch or grab things. Like a couple of weeks ago, you started pulling on your little musical giraffe toy that hangs from your car seat, just to gear the songs it plays. You are such a smart little girl! You are so fascinated by what goes on around you.




I'm so blessed to have such a sweet, happy, and healthy baby like you. I can barely remember what life was like before you came along. I feel like my sole purpose in life was to have you and to be your mommy. You are such a sweet gift from God. Your life has changed both me and daddy in such a wonderful way. We live for our girl and cherish every minute we have together as a family. One day (a very long time from now) you will have a baby of your own- and only then will you know just how much I lvoe you. Even though you aren't inside my tummy anymore, you are still, and always will be, a part of me. When you are sad, or hurt, or happy, or excited... I feel it so deeply.

Happy Birthday, my little Milk Monster.
You are a constant ray of sunshine. We are so truly blessed.

xoxo
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. She is SO sweet, Sarah! I hope to see more of you and Mollie- we should all make a mommy-baby date in the park soon while the weather is so nice! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete